This page contains some miscellaneous tutorials and diagrams that I
- Java IO
Diagrams the relationship between IO, NIO, Strings, Buffers and
- Java type conversion
On overview of some basic parseXXX,
valueOf and toString methods in Java
- Java Memory Model
On overview of how memory visibility and accesss works in Java
Ever wonder what prototypes, objects, functions
are and how they are related to each other ? Wonder no more!
Prototypes and objects (alternate viewpoint)
A primer on runtime type conversions in JS.
Scope and prototype chains are different things.
The scope chain finds a variable and the prototype chain finds
a property inside a variable (of type object).
What is this "closure" thing anyway ?
A comparison between the
Misc. code snippets in no particular order
- Random HTML and CSS snippets and experiments
Web application design patterns, SQL
- Daemons/background processes
- SQL query execution order
- Random thoughts (or want to hire me?)
- The 4-point Molly hiring test
- Git Sandwich
Flash & Actionscript (archive)
- An introduction to Actionscript code execution order
Just (re)discovered Prolog. For the class of problems it solves, it is unbeatable..I'm totally gobsmacked! Some links:
- browser playpen
- Great video intro
- regex pack (Michael Hendricks is the man)
- Fun example (London tube map)
The only thing that sucks (majorly) so far is the lack of a JDBC driver and an easy way to talk to my postgres database.